Closing Sprint - custom "Done" workflow state is considered incomplete

meconlin July 20, 2016

We have a custom workflow status called Sign Off

This status is mapped to Done category in our admin configuration. 

When I attempt to close a sprint I get a warning for N items being incomplete and an option to move them to backlog or next sprint. N always equals the number of Sign Off tickets in the sprint. 

How can make sure the Sign Off status tickets are considered complete when closing a sprint?

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2018

My guess is that the "closed" status was not in the right-hand column of the board, and the fix was to put it in the last column.

Ilén Zazueta-Hall August 21, 2018

That worked for me (although it's a little strange given that we have an optional UAT state that actually comes after DONE for certain stories)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2018

It will only look at the last column, I'd guess that you should probably have that in the last column as well.  Assuming you want it to burn-down there.

Ansib Raza April 16, 2019

It looks a strange flow but worked for me. Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

0 votes
Ilén Zazueta-Hall August 19, 2018

We have the same problem. Were you able to resolve? 

0 votes
MarcelW November 21, 2016

I've just noticed this as well.  We have 'Done' and 'Closed'.  Those issues which are set to 'Closed' whilst having a resolution seem to want to move to next sprint when closing out the sprint.

Suggest an answer