Closed tasks are dominating cumulative flow diagram (CFD) - how can I make it readable?

Eirik Midttun December 5, 2016

Many projects has been using JIRA for a while, and I have started to track flow metrics. The cumulative flow diagram (CFD) could have been useful, but what I see is mainly a pile of closed issues, and a thin border representing the To Do, In Progress, and so on. Is it possible to hide older issues from the view so that the work flow is more visible? I couldn't find it; I only saw filters per user or per column, swimlane, or quick filter. Is quick filter the only way to achieve this? Thought the need would be more common.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2016

You should have a "Refine Report" dropdown where you can unclick the "Done" workflow status and no longer see closed issues.

Dan Aloisi April 3, 2018

This solution does not work if you have thousands of issues in the done lane because the Y axis of the cumulative flow chart does not automatically (or manually) scale.  You end up with a thin ribbon of data at the bottom of the chart and vast white space above it.

Like Dan Mathews likes this
antonio.perez June 10, 2021

Still no solution for this issue? obviously unclicking the Done status is not a solution as the result doesn't look like a CFD at all .

Suggest an answer