Child Issue to trigger the Parent Issue to add Due date by 30 days from trigger date

Choo Kai Min Bryan October 16, 2018
Hello , my company uses Jira in a clinical setting and we would close and resolve their issues when they are feeling better. We have a rule to resolve issues 30 days from the actual last day it was supposed to be resolved. But they do not follow it. I was suggesting to have when clients complete their last appointment with us , and that issue is resolved then it would trigger the parent to hav3 a due date. Is This possible ? Would appreciate any other solutions for this. Thanks !

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2018

Hello,

You would need an add-on for it. For example, you could use the Power Scripts add-on:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-script-automation?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

You could write a Post function for the transition, leading to the resolved status, with a script like this:

if(!isNull(parent)) {
    parent.duedate = currentDate() + "30d";
}
0 votes
Choo Kai Min Bryan October 18, 2018

Sounds like a plan ! I will check with the admin to see if this would work. Thank you Alexey!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events