Checklist for JIRA - Cannot export Checklist from issue.

Shane Rand January 16, 2017

When I try to use the export checklist option, I am not receiving any text in the returned text box to copy/paste.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 17, 2017

Hi Shane,

Export will only export the items that are at the issue level. Options, which are items global to all issues, are not exported because they will be automatically created when a new issue is generated.

Regards

Shane Rand January 17, 2017

Ah I see. My particular use case was exporting the checklist from one instance of JIRA to another. Perhaps a feature request could be made for this type of functionality.

Thanks!

Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 17, 2017

If you still want to have global items in the new instance, you will have to create the options nonetheless. The export functionality was created to allow users to generate templates. They could store this in a text file somewhere and quickly paste them in the new issue.

Suggest an answer