Check Field is available for a given Issue Type using ScriptRunner Cloud

Greg Smart February 28, 2017

I want to check that a particular field is available for a given Issue Type (called Task), however this is proving tricky.

I am using the api /rest/api/2/issue/createmeta which should return a list of fields and their meta data.

For simplicity, I've written a script that checks that the field 'summary' is available (since I know it always will be, and is in fact the first field returned).  My script is:

def issueMeta = get('/rest/api/2/issue/createmeta?projectKeys=XXX&issuetypeNames=Task&expand=projects.issuetypes.fields')
.asObject(Map)
assert issueMeta.status == 200
def versionField = issueMeta.body.projects.issuetypes.fields.find { it.key == "summary"}
logger.info("version is ${versionField}")

The logger is returning "version is null".

Any help to work out what I'm doing wrong would be very much appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jon Bevan [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2017

Hi Greg,

I think the problem is that issueMeta.body.projects.issuetypes is an array, so you need to select the first element (or search for the element that matches the required issue type name).

def issueMeta = get('/rest/api/2/issue/createmeta?projectKeys=XXX&issuetypeNames=Task&expand=projects.issuetypes.fields')
.asObject(Map)
assert issueMeta.status == 200

def versionField = issueMeta.body.projects.issuetypes.find { it.name == 'Task' }.fields.find { it.key == "summary"}
logger.info("version is ${versionField}")

I hope that helps,

Jon

Greg Smart March 6, 2017

Thanks, that was indeed the problem. Strictly speaking 'projects' is an array too, so the working line appears to be

def versionField = issueMeta.body.projects.find { it.key == 'XXX' }
        .issuetypes.find {it.name == "Task"}
        .fields.find {it.key == "summary"}
Jon Bevan [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2017

Ah yes, well spotted smile

Suggest an answer