Changing renderer has no effect

Barry Kaplan July 18, 2016

I changed the rendered for a custom multi-line text field to wiki. But this seems to have no effect in any of the existing issues.

Are there other steps required? Must I fully delete the custom field to change a renderer? Or ...?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2016

You didn't used to have to re-index, but I've not tested that in 7.1. 

The reason is that the renderers only kick in when displaying the text - the underlying data is the same in the field, it's what's being drawn on screen that matters.  Do the existing issues have wiki markup in their text field?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2016

Great point. @Barry Kaplan, any chance we can see a screenshot of bad behavior?

Barry Kaplan July 19, 2016

I did reindex to no effect.

Yes the existing issue had wiki text which was not rendered.

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 7.18.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 7.19.56 AM.png

custom field included in field configuration which is mapped the issue type in field configuration scheme

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2016

You must also reindex I believe. I don't see this in the documentation however.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events