Changing max limits didn't change number of exported rows to Excel? Are we missing something?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Exporting a filter result containing more than 1000 issues

We are using JIRA 6.3.10 and added the two lines described for JIRA 4.4.x and later, saved the original properties file as jira-config.properties.old, and saved the updated jira-config.properties file as well. When we restarted JIRA, there was no difference. Still could only export 1000 rows to Excel? 

3 answers

Where did you add it? What is the exact path starting from your JIRA_HOME (JIRA installation). Have you used the "MaxExporters" group? 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/exporting-a-filter-result-containing-more-than-1000-issues-191500982.html

We didn't try the "MaxEporters" group approach because we felt the relative size of our database was not large enough to be a concern, performance-wise, with the permanent fix. We changed the number from "1000" to "2000", exactly like the example. 

I still see "1000" at the end of the URL when I examine it, and will still get the corrupted results I mentioned above if I manually change it. My guess right now is that we made the change, then restarted the server. The instructions suggest shutting down the server first, making the change, then starting it up again. I'm going to try this the next time I have an opportunity to do so. 

A restart is needed after you make the changes since this is a property file change.

We restarted afterwards. In other words, we did everything exactly per the instructions and the expected results are not observed. We are using a Linux box and I noticed that the jira-config.properties file appeared in BOTH of these folders:

Windows path

/home/jira

Linux path

/var/jira

After restarting, the export to Excel still defaults to a total of 1000 rows, even though the filtered view contains over 1700 issues. I'm beginning to think there's a bug in version 6.3.10? (...or the instructions are lacking an important piece of information).

Also, when you export to Excel, the URL defaults to 1000, but if you manually update the URL to something larger than the limit and you're a member of the privileged group, you should get it all. 

Did you try to update the URL manually?

Yes, we tried that prior to this suggested permanent approach. The result was a web page opened with these results...

��X[s�6~ϯP�Pڡ�߃�Lh3t:P�$���8�്$'������8�$M����t���\t��O1W��4��Yy��S(�j(k��A�~����������m��z���,~x �ձm����w �e3K����sy�k���$�5�^pi|<�tu�|����#�p˕.4'o^w��nF����;~잸څM�b��ͻ����ˑEkޑ��a�}��m ֮���w����:%'�V��ݴ\��P�,��5�9���\@5[3�y�UYW$�0��8�b�b^��� ��<�s�8�R�}�`E�fQwxs���8�Y���r��� �~���;�f��2����<x����y�ʢ �����W�mp��],�Q3����g� B� ��RI�2�$U��T����<��pJt��]Qչ��B׻c�-�0��C�"�WQ��~��!� � M���^6f����]�#�r�"�R�$�B�&YQ��2쑯�S�d���IA'1!Q$a�V$"q�V�4�? �u��]�ʙ|\��0��~��B�F��*�5�( ���,�q��9�����k�l[ ��|�qq�G9�R���, ��{����

I have seen similar 'gobbledygook' results if I did not have an active session at the time.

Maybe try with two tabs in a browser, keep one open with an open session on whatever page (as long as you're logged in) and open a second tab with the edited URL (change '1000' to '2000' at the end)?

Changing the config files never changes the default in my experience. Running 6.4.11 now, but have been here almost 3 years and this always worked for me.

If this does not help, can you try a tool that will let you send credentials in the HTTP Header?

Thanks Sten. I tried selecting Export->Excel (Current Fields) on a filtered view containing 1741 issues. I am logged in to JIRA on that tab. I then right-click on that selection from the menu and copy the address on to a new 2nd tab, where I change the "1000" at the end to "2000" and then unfortunately get the gobbledygook results. I edit the "2000" to "1000" and get a spreadsheet (with only 1000 issues). I just don't know what else to try. 

Is this supposed to apply to API searches as well?

I tried to set jira.search.views.default.max=1000 and then execute this:

http://jira-6.cloudapp.net:8080/rest/api/latest/search

(admin / admin is the user)

I've tried other variations on that parameter, but nothing gets past the default of 50 results.

Can that default of 50 be changed?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

70 views 3 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you