Changing field from required to non - required ( when field is already specified as non required)

Zbanu June 27, 2016

Hi Everyone , in field configuration it is showing non required but in screen it is displaying required.

i tried all possible ways ,

• using new workflow
  • creating new screens , fields and configurations as such .

It is not working , please someone suggest me a good solution . Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2016

I do that a lot, and it's always down to me looking at the wrong field configuration.

Look at the issue type, then go to the project admin and check that you're sure the field config says the field is optional for that type.

If it is, then you've got some customisation adding the *

Zbanu June 28, 2016

Hi , i am very sure that the field configuration is correct . Can you tell how to identify customization ? or how to remove customization . Thank you .

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2016

To identify it - you're getting a * where there isn't a field configuration to cause it.

How you've done it - unknown.  Have a look at the source for the page to see if there's anything in there that might give away where it's coming from.  Check your addons as well.

Zbanu June 28, 2016

Hi Nic , I am not getting " *  "next to any of my fields and no addons as well . If you can help me in any other way , please let me know. Thank you

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2016

No, that's not what you said in your question.  " in screen it is displaying required." - the way JIRA does that is to display the * next to the field.

If there's no *, then could you explain how it is telling you the fields are required?

Zbanu June 29, 2016

Im sorry Nic , yes it is displaying in screen "*" (required) ... but in field configuration it is not mentioned as required . Can you tell me what are option of dependencies with field ? rather than screens and workflow? . Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2016

There are two ways to get the * to appear on the screen to indicate mandatory fields.

1. Field configuration
  2. Addons or scripts that add it

You've ruled out the first, but we have no way of knowing how you have done the second.  You need to look at your configuration to find out how it's been added.  Have a look at the source of the page to see if it's javascript and check your add-ons.

I really don't understand "what are option of dependencies with field" might mean, I'm sorry.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events