Changing components changes resolution state

Corinna Führing December 20, 2015

Hello, i just changed a component in an Issue and deleted the old component in the component overview of my project. So far everything ok. But now i see that resolution filed was set automatically to fixed ( but it is not) and also something happened to the Planned end ...please see screenshot.....the only activity i did was changing component ....why does this make any changes in resolution and planned end ?IssueK.jpg

4 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2015

I suspect you have "Resolution" on the "Edit" screen for this issue type.

You should never do that - resolution will be set as soon as it is on any screen that allows for edits.  Remove it as soon as possible.  It should only be used in "resolve issue" type transition screens.

0 votes

Edit.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2015

I suspect it's on the other tab then. Another test here - click the drop-down for "add new fields" and look for "resolution". I don't think it will be there, because it's already on the screen.

no it appears everywhere in the drop down list, but as i said. i have the impression that over night this changes ..i do not know if because of another user....how do I normally use this resolution field in software project with task and bugs ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2015

Ok, I gave an answer to "who/why" on the other similar question you posted. Normal use of the resolution field is given on my first answer here - it should be on "resolve issue" transition screens, and never Create/Edit.

0 votes

Resolution field is neither on create nor edit nor view screen for that issue type. But evertime i remove from create screen, next day it appears again as required...i do not understand that..neither

0 votes

Resolution fixed.jpg

Suggest an answer