Changing Reporter: New Reporter should be set as watcher automatical

Michael Henninghaus November 25, 2015

Hi,

i have a question regarding the "auto-watcher" automatism in jira.

Normally an reporter is set to the issue´s watcher list automatically.

But we have the problem that someone of our customers creates an issue. After this we change this issue adapting the reporter to a shared account.

Behind this shared account is a mail distributor that sends all changes to the issue to a specified set of receivers.

The problem: after changing the reporter, this new reporter isn´t automatic set to the watchers list.

Do you know a solution for this?

3 answers

0 votes
Michael Henninghaus November 25, 2015

Yes, you are right, but i don´t want to create a special notification scheme for this project.

If i add the reporter in the notification scheme to all event where the watcher is enabled, what will happen with projects where the reporter won´t be changed, where he is automatically set to a watcher. Will he receive every mail twice? Cause he is in the role reporter and in the role watcher?

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2015

In addition to what Joe said, login with this "shared account" in JIRA and Update its profile (Preferences) to enable "Autowatch".

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2015

In the notification scheme you can set reporter to receive the same notifications as watchers.

Suggest an answer