Changing Reporter: New Reporter should be set as watcher automatical

Hi,

i have a question regarding the "auto-watcher" automatism in jira.

Normally an reporter is set to the issue´s watcher list automatically.

But we have the problem that someone of our customers creates an issue. After this we change this issue adapting the reporter to a shared account.

Behind this shared account is a mail distributor that sends all changes to the issue to a specified set of receivers.

The problem: after changing the reporter, this new reporter isn´t automatic set to the watchers list.

Do you know a solution for this?

3 answers

0 vote
Joe Pitt Community Champion Nov 25, 2015

In the notification scheme you can set reporter to receive the same notifications as watchers.

In addition to what Joe said, login with this "shared account" in JIRA and Update its profile (Preferences) to enable "Autowatch".

Yes, you are right, but i don´t want to create a special notification scheme for this project.

If i add the reporter in the notification scheme to all event where the watcher is enabled, what will happen with projects where the reporter won´t be changed, where he is automatically set to a watcher. Will he receive every mail twice? Cause he is in the role reporter and in the role watcher?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

84 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you