Changing Jira Context Path OpenSuse

Martin Prinz October 15, 2015

Dear Support,

I'm referring to the following description - which is really good, but for me not working: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/integrating-jira-with-apache-185729645.html

I tried several times to change the path and started with Step 2. So I stopped JIRA and changed the server.xml. I also tried to change the port to 80.

But after this, JIRA is not starting anymore and I can set the path to what ever I would like to. Do you have any idea what the problem could be? Perhaps user rights or conflicts with other configuration?

Thanks
Martin

3 answers

0 votes

Hi Nic,

I could change the context now! I would like to use https://*:8080/sd - for Service Desk

But I am using SSL on my RevProxy. And so I added in the Connector the following line: 
proxyName="myurl.com" proxyPort="443" scheme="https" secure="true"

JIRA is starting again - everything is fine if you look into the logs (I cant find an URL in the atlassian-jira.log).
But when I am trying to access, I just can see a white side. No error - logs.

Do I need to set the BASE_URL before changing the Connector?
Do I have to define the context somewhere else too?

Thanks
Martin 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2015

White screen usually means Tomcat has started, and it can read the application, but the app isn't doing anything. If the application log says JIRA is running ok, then I'd look in catalina.out to see what Tomcat thinks is happening. Are you sure you're using the right url? Can you get to JIRA on the raw url/port (i.e. what JIRA is running on without the connector) The base url doesn't matter at this point. If it's wrong, then the worst case is an odd looking dashboard, broken emails and a banner saying "your base url is wrong, fix it?" in the UI. It won't break the app.

0 votes

Hi Nic,

Sorry I have forgotten so say that the catalina.out Looks good and that the tomcat is starting.
But the URL is not accessible.

Does is make sense to provide the log?

Thanks
Martin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2015

Possibly. But the atlassian-jira.log should echo out something like "jira started, you may access it at ...url..." and that's what you need to check - are you looking in the right place!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2015

Well, you need to do step 1 and 2, it's not optional.  The order doesn't matter though.

If JIRA isn't starting, read the log file to find out why - look in JIRA-home/logs for atlassian-jira.log.  If that does not contain "I can't start because..." errors from the last failed startup, go read JIRA-install/log/catalina.out to find out why Tomcat cannot start stuff.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events