Changing Custom Field Type

BBC Application Admin Team August 31, 2016

I have 2 different fields that have a type of;

1)Query issue multi linker custom field
 2) admin.customfield.type.servicepicker.name

Where do i change the type from? The content /values in both the lists are similar but should be the same so i was hoping to just get both the custom fields using the same type / values.

Alternatively, dont know if this is possible but under the 'Custom Fields' section, on the far right the 'Screens' section tells us what iisue type is using that custom field. Is it possible for me to change which issue type is using that particular custom field?

Let me know if this doesnt make sense.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2016

You can't change the type of a field in the UI.  You have to do it in the database, and you can only swap between certain types (e.g. you can change a single-select to a multi-select, and if you're really careful, you can go the other way.  But you can't change a number to a string, or vice-versa)

However, in this case, I know those field types well - they're custom fields provided by an add-on.  You won't be able to change the type of the first one, there's no equivalent.  The second one could, if memory serves, be changed to a simple multi-select (the code for it is all trying to do stuff on the front end, on the back-end, it's just a collection of options)

On the custom field section question about issue types, yes, you can change the "context" of a field.

Lydia M October 28, 2020

I need to change a custom field from the "User Picker (single user)" field type to the "User Picker (multiple users) field type."

Can you explain how to do this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events