Change url base name

Badr BOUADDI January 20, 2017

I have one acount cloud jira, and i need to change my base url address  ?

thank you for help

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2017

You can't really do it.  The closest you can get is to buy a new Cloud system, export the old one and import it into the new one.  The url will remain <something>.atlassian.net

Badr BOUADDI January 20, 2017

Now my url is : https://zodiactest.atlassian.net/ and I need replace Zodiactest by "zpce".

we cannot avoid buy a new cloud system ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2017

Not yet.  There's a request open to allow people to change their urls (and a wider one to allow people to use urls other than .atlassian.net), but at the moment, all you can do is buy a new Cloud system and move over to it.

I should have posted this link before - https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/changing-the-cloud-instance-url-address-or-migrating-to-a-new-cloud-instance-691011835.html

0 votes
Aldo Raicich November 14, 2017

If I buy a new Atlassian service to get a new URL. How do I move all the JIRA project from the old service to the new?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

The doc linked to in the comment on the accepted answer covers that.

0 votes
Badr BOUADDI January 22, 2017

Do you have any idea about timeline for this issue ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2017

Nothing firm at all.  I spoke to an Atlassian about it at Summit and the ability to change base-url by changing your Atlassian account settings is something they'd like to do (it won't go into the application), but her enthusiasm for loads of other changes being planned made me think it's a low priority.  The wider "use non Atlassian urls" is a bigger piece and probably needs the change-url function working before they will do anything about it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events