Change text font/style of kanban cards

SmartLynx IT July 9, 2020

Hello,

Does anyone know how to change text style of the kanban board cards? Maybe some plugin available? We'd like issue summary to appear in bold or different color. Thanks.

Cheers,

Alina

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2020

Hi Alina,

I understand that you want to be able to change the font of the summary that appears on a Kanban card in Jira Software Server.  While this is not something you can configure within Jira itself today, this is something that you could achieve via a CSS hack.

What you could do would be to use the announcement banner and then enter in a custom CSS like this one:

<!-- Bold summaries on Agile Cards-->
<style type="text/css">
.ghx-summary {
font-weight: bold;
}
</style>

This would then change the way that all cards appear on this Jira site, not just Kanban cards.  This would make those summaries appear in bold across the entire site.  I tested this out in my Jira Software 8.10.0 version.  It is possible that older versions of Jira Software might require a slightly different tweak depending on the version.

As for Jira Cloud users, this is not possible to implement there as there is no announcement banner and these kinds of HTML/CSS injections are not permitted.

But I hope that helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events