Change swim lane view for others

Justin Close April 15, 2016

I was trying to update the swim lane view for a Board; it looks right when I view the board but my co-workers don't see the changes - they only have the basic 3 default lanes.

The same is true for some filters I defined, the shortcuts that show at the top of the swim lanes.  I made a few new ones but I'm the only one that sees them.

What is causing this?  How can I propagate the swim lanes to everyone's view?

Thanks,

Justin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2016

The first thing to check is that they are looking at the same board as you an that the board is shared. If you look at the board URL it will show something similar to this

.../secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=7... 

this refers to board number 7. If the co-workers are indeed seeing board 7 then for the swimlanes you need to check whether the co-worker would actually see any issues matching the swimlane as an empty swimlane is not displayed. So for example if you have built your swimlanes using a test project that they do not have access to they will not see the swimlanes. 

0 votes
Justin Close April 18, 2016

It turns out my co-worker was on a different board.  I hadn't realized there was another one out there.

Thanks for the tips, Phill.

Suggest an answer