Change security level

Jessie Valliant January 23, 2017

I have a closed ticket that is not letting me edit the security level to view all. The edit button is missing and I am an admin.

3 answers

1 vote
Jessie Valliant January 24, 2017

What I found after trying your steps is that I had to reopen the issue, edit the security level and then resolve it again. This fixed it.

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2017

The Closed status might have a property that forbids editing the issue.

1. Find the workflow of the project to which the affected issue belongs and click on Edit.
  2. In the Diagram mode, click on the Closed status.
    A panel will be shown on the right side. 
  3. Click on the 'Properties' link from the panel.
    A new tab will be opened by your browser.
  4. You probably see this property: jira.issue.editable=false
    Click on Delete to delete it.
  5. Close the tab.
  6. From the Diagram edit view, click on the 'Publish Draft' button to save your changes.

After following these steps, you should be able to edit the issue.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2017

Do you match the rules for the security level you want to set it to, and do you have "edit issues" and "set security" permission?  (Note that admin means admin, not "can do all sorts of non-admin things", as that's a terrible access model and one JIRA sensibly avoids)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events