Change priority settings for mail handler ticket creation

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2016

I've set up a mailhandler that creates incidents from mails. We have 4 priorities with p1 being the highest and p4 being the lowest. When a regular mail is handled it will be set to be a P3 priority.

However when a mail is send with high priority marked the mail handler creates a P1 which notifies our entire management. Can i change this so that high priorities mails will create a P2 ticket?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2016

No, the decision is effectively hard coded into the email handler, so there's nothing you can do directly.

You will need to find or write an add-on that can provide another mail handler that can do what you need with the priority field.

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2016

Thank you mr Brough. Helpful as always.

1 vote
Aron Felberbaum September 5, 2016

Check out Enhanced Mail Handler addon, supports this feature and many more great features.

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2016

Thank you Aron but we don't need that much extra features and just the priority isn't worth the money in my eyes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events