Change outgoing email on Jira cloud

Keith Petrillo October 26, 2016

I am using Jira's web portal and I can't figure out where I can change the outgoing email. When emails are sent, the from email is jira@project.atlassian.net - I'd like to use my companies. I can only find documentation on how to change the SMTP server for a local server.

4 answers

1 vote
Corentin Méhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2018

Hello, 

it seems that you can now configure the cloud instances to send e-mail on behalf of your domain which might solve this issue :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-jira-cloud-to-send-emails-on-behalf-of-your-domain-900996548.html

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2016
Keith Petrillo October 26, 2016

Drats. Well thank you for the information!

0 votes
Chris H February 8, 2021

I agree, Atlassian sometimes do things the hard way.

0 votes
Torbjörn Bång - Twoday September 10, 2019

I wonder why they opted for such a complicated approach? Why not just have options to configure mail-server with an adress, username and password?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

Because a LOT of people who set up mail servers use additional parameters.

Like Corentin Méhat likes this
Øyvind Rogne September 23, 2019

If additional parameters need to be used, they should be available together with the basic parameters (as in any other mail configuration). 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events