Change close option based on type of issue

FerencV January 19, 2017

I am new here, so I am not pro, how to search for similar questions, I did not found any topic like this. It there is, please link it to me.

So, I have a project, and I am creating a new issue, with type: Task. When I finished with it, there are all options like fixed.

In my honest opinion, a task can not be fixed. A task can be done, even, if a task is about please fix the pipe.

A bug can be fixed I think. Anyway, I do not want to start a theoretically / philosophy discussion about this, I just want to know, is it possible to set closing options for different types of issues?

EDIT

I forgot to mentioned, I am using http://xxxxxx.atlassian.net, so the cloud service, not from our server.

3 answers

1 vote
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2017

You can also do it within a single workflow, by adding multiple transitions to the "Resolved" status. Each would have a condition on the issuetype, so a 'Task' would only show a 'Done' button and 'Bug' would have two buttons "FIxed" and "Won't Fix" (two separate transitions with individual conditions, each setting Resolution as a post-function).

0 votes
Vladimir Yakimov _Botron_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2017

Hi Ferenc,

Are you using different workflows for the different issue types? If so, I can suggest you an approach that would sort this out and you could specify proper resolution codes per issuetype/workflow.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2017

You probably mean the resolution. Take a look at this thread: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/30696

FerencV January 19, 2017

I did not mentioned, I am in the cloud service. I have no option to change config files. Or is it possible to do on dashboard?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2017

I guess then you can't change it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2017

Hang on, Udo, you are right.

That thread contains a pointer to using workflow properties to take your current global list of resolutions and narrow it down during transitions.  So you can use it to removed "fixed" from the list presented.

As @Vladimir Yakimov [Botron] suggests in his comment, if you have separate workflows for different types of issue, you can set up one workflow/type that offers all resolutions when you close, another that offers maybe "fixed" and "won't fix" and another that shows all except "fixed" and and and and.

You don't need to hack config files to do this - workflow properties all work fine on Cloud, in the UI.  (I'd argue that they're a bit fiddly and it would be nice to have a better interface for using them, but they do work)

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2017

Thanks Nic, for clarifying.

Suggest an answer