Change JIRA System Administrators

William Yeack September 12, 2016

I just migrated an instance from Cloud to Server and I am trying to organize all of my permissions.  The "JIRA System Administrators" and "JIRA Administrators" Permission is not available to be selected in the dropdown.  When I click on the "Configure permissions in user management" link, it says the page cannot be found.

image2016-9-12 7:35:11.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2016

Are you logged in as a system administrator?  (i.e. the admin account you get when you import from Cloud, or used to give your actual account the permission)

William Yeack September 13, 2016

Yes - I'm logged into the sysadmin account -

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2016

Ok, what version of JIRA have you used here?

William Yeack September 13, 2016

atlassian-jira-software-7.2.0-x64

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2016

Ok, good, but the only thing I can think of is that you're logged in as a JIRA admin and not a system admin.

What do you get when you click "view users" under "system administrators" on the top line (JIRA system administrators) - does your user ID appear on that list?

William Yeack September 19, 2016

Here is what I see when I look at system administrators (i am logged in as system admin):

screenshot.png

Question - when I look at groups, it has an "admin" tag next to system-administrators - how is that determined?  How would i change that if i wanted to?

screenshot2.png

When I click on "Configure permissions in user management" from my first screenshot, I get the following message:

screenshot3.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events