Certain fields not shown in custom fields list

Pavithra D March 13, 2017

Hi Team,

Certain custom fields have been vanished from the custom fields list. Those fields are visible in the issue create screen and field configuration area. It is only vanished from custom fields section. Please help in resolving this issue.

Regards,

Pavithra D

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2017

By custom fields section, I assume you mean in the issue view?  I'd guess the fields are empty, as JIRA hides them on view.

Pavithra D March 14, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your quick response.

Nope. I am not mentioning the issue view. The fields are not visible from the 'custom fields' section where we will create and configure them.

Custom fields are sorted in alphabetical order in which the fields starts with i,j,k,l are vanished.

Regards,

Pavithra D

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2017

Yes, "custom fields section" is wonderfully unclear on what you are looking at (there's at least six that spring to my mind)

I now assume you mean in the administration functionality.  Disappearing fields in there are down to either invalid field names, or, more often, people botching javascript into field descriptions (never do that, it's always the wrong thing to do)

Have you got any javascript or dodgy field names?

Hi Nic,

yeah. I am talking about the custom fields administration page.

image2017-3-14 17:3:29.png

And as you mentioned, I have added a java script to a field description.

Regards,

Pavithra D

Hi Nic,

I Have removed the java script which i have added, re-indexed and restarted, but still the issue persists. How can i resolve this issue? Please share the workaround for the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavithra D

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2017

Did you remove all the scripts from all field descriptions?

when i removed the script from one field all the other fields below them got disappeared sad now only the fields from A to I is visible.

Regards,

Pavithra D

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2017

Ok, do one or more of of the broken fields have javascript too?

Nope.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2017

Could you view the raw html of the filed list in the admin screen and see if the fields are in there?

Pavithra D March 19, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your support.

The issue has been resolved by deleting the script from the tables 'CUSTOMFIELD' and 'FIELDLAYOUTITEM'.

Regards,

Pavithra D

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events