Certain fields not shown in custom fields list

Hi Team,

Certain custom fields have been vanished from the custom fields list. Those fields are visible in the issue create screen and field configuration area. It is only vanished from custom fields section. Please help in resolving this issue.

Regards,

Pavithra D

1 answer

0 vote

By custom fields section, I assume you mean in the issue view?  I'd guess the fields are empty, as JIRA hides them on view.

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your quick response.

Nope. I am not mentioning the issue view. The fields are not visible from the 'custom fields' section where we will create and configure them.

Custom fields are sorted in alphabetical order in which the fields starts with i,j,k,l are vanished.

Regards,

Pavithra D

Yes, "custom fields section" is wonderfully unclear on what you are looking at (there's at least six that spring to my mind)

I now assume you mean in the administration functionality.  Disappearing fields in there are down to either invalid field names, or, more often, people botching javascript into field descriptions (never do that, it's always the wrong thing to do)

Have you got any javascript or dodgy field names?

Hi Nic,

yeah. I am talking about the custom fields administration page.

image2017-3-14 17:3:29.png

And as you mentioned, I have added a java script to a field description.

Regards,

Pavithra D

Hi Nic,

I Have removed the java script which i have added, re-indexed and restarted, but still the issue persists. How can i resolve this issue? Please share the workaround for the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavithra D

Did you remove all the scripts from all field descriptions?

when i removed the script from one field all the other fields below them got disappeared sad now only the fields from A to I is visible.

Regards,

Pavithra D

Ok, do one or more of of the broken fields have javascript too?

Could you view the raw html of the filed list in the admin screen and see if the fields are in there?

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your support.

The issue has been resolved by deleting the script from the tables 'CUSTOMFIELD' and 'FIELDLAYOUTITEM'.

Regards,

Pavithra D

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

143 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you