Capacity management for large groups

Fred April 27, 2018

I'm new to Atlassian capacity management and my company decide to move from EPM to Atlassian environment without making a proper fit and gap analysis.

Work well for small dev team, I'm a huge fan, but when it's come to corporate I have a relatively small experience.

We manage the capacity of more than 600 employees, in operation/support and in project/programs.

We deliver in Agile, in waterfall and in between with essantially people in a strong matrix with no dedication to projects.
Here is a standard project assignation

Project manager :20%
PCO: 5%
Analyst : 40%
Architect : 10%
Dev : 70%

As of now, every discussion seems to focus on dedicated team, in small/medium groups.

Does anyone have done capacity management with Atlassian tools(Marketplace included) to achieve what EPM can do in that field ? 
- Every people have to submit their time / by project / by task - Even for ops
- Every project manager have to submit projection for at least a year
- All projection of material and external services must be present for at least a year
..... and some other requirement but this is the big picture.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Adrien Fourneau August 21, 2018

Hey @Fred,

did you make progress in Atlassian tools implementation ? I'm currently implementing Portfolio for a team of 120 people, and would be interrested in having your feedback.

I'm also a bit used with Jira, maybe it can help (if you still need help, after 4 months...)

Regards,

Adrien

Fred February 21, 2019

Hi @Adrien Fourneau , 

Let's talk on Smartrday.com, it will be easier.

Fred

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events