Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Capacity management for large groups

I'm new to Atlassian capacity management and my company decide to move from EPM to Atlassian environment without making a proper fit and gap analysis.

Work well for small dev team, I'm a huge fan, but when it's come to corporate I have a relatively small experience.

We manage the capacity of more than 600 employees, in operation/support and in project/programs.

We deliver in Agile, in waterfall and in between with essantially people in a strong matrix with no dedication to projects.
Here is a standard project assignation

Project manager :20%
PCO: 5%
Analyst : 40%
Architect : 10%
Dev : 70%

As of now, every discussion seems to focus on dedicated team, in small/medium groups.

Does anyone have done capacity management with Atlassian tools(Marketplace included) to achieve what EPM can do in that field ? 
- Every people have to submit their time / by project / by task - Even for ops
- Every project manager have to submit projection for at least a year
- All projection of material and external services must be present for at least a year
..... and some other requirement but this is the big picture.

Thanks

1 answer

Hey @Fred,

did you make progress in Atlassian tools implementation ? I'm currently implementing Portfolio for a team of 120 people, and would be interrested in having your feedback.

I'm also a bit used with Jira, maybe it can help (if you still need help, after 4 months...)

Regards,

Adrien

Hi @Adrien_Fourneau , 

Let's talk on Smartrday.com, it will be easier.

Fred

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,953 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you