Cannot use quick filter to order by user when project filter is order by rank

Johal Gow June 28, 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying to add a quick filter option on my board to sort all tasks by user in one large list.

The JSC I'm using is "ORDER BY assignee ASC"

My main board filter is "project = projectA OR project = "ProjectB" AND component in ("componentA", "componentB") ORDER BY Rank ASC"

When I click my quick filter to order by assignee, it doesn't change the order.

Any help would be much appreciated.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2016

I think what you need can be achieved by basing the board swimlanes on assignee. Go to the board configuration, Swimlanes tab. From the "Base Swimlanes on" dropdown select "Assignee". This way all tasks will be nicely grouped by their assignee. The drawback is that it is not as easy to switch back to the default view as using quick filters. The presentation is nicer, though.

swimlanes.png

Johal Gow June 29, 2016

Thanks very much. This is not exactly what I was after, but definitely helps.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2016

Quick filters are for temporarily narrowing a board to a subset of issues to allow you to focus on a particular thing.  The board remains sorted by rank because it is ranked and that's the point of a board.  An order in a quickfilter is ignored because the board is supposed to be showing you the ranking.

Leon Levacic September 11, 2019

Our ranking is disabled, still the quick filter is not ordering by either issue, assignee or priority

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

Again, quick filters are for temporarily narrowing a board to a subset of issues.  The order in a quick filter is ignored because you are supposed to be using the order chosen by the board filter.

0 votes
Johal Gow June 28, 2016

Thanks Nic. Is there any easy way to achieve what I'm after?

My use example is a sprint planning meeting where we are running through the agreed upon tasks. I'd like to have all the tasks in one list and sort by user to quickly and efficiently run down the list.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events