Cannot use an issuetype since software update

Steffen Hermanni June 4, 2016

I receive the error "Some issue types are unavailable due to incompatible field configuration and/or workflow associations". I cannot find any differences between the problematic issue type and the others except that there is a specific workflow. The assigments look o.k..

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2016

This sounds like you are trying to change an issue type using the simple issue type field.  You can only do that if the source and target issue types both have the same field configurations and context, and the same workflow.

You say the workflow is different, so there's the answer.  You'll need to use the "move issue" function to change the issue type.

Steffen Hermanni June 4, 2016

Hello Nic, thank you for the quick answer. The Problem occured when I tried to update an issue. I tried to move and then I tried to create a new issue. Neither one did work

I cannot see what is wrong with the workflow. It worked before the last Jira upgrade.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2016

You won't get that sort of error when you move an issue - could you show us exactly where it goes wrong when you use "move"?

Steffen Hermanni June 10, 2016

Hello Nic, sorry for replying late. As stated in my previous answer, the error occurs when I try to move as well as when I try to create a new issue with this specific type. Attached is the screenshot with the error:

jira_error.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2016

I'd like to see the move error, not the create.

the create is trying to stop you from losing data already entered (or defaulted) - if you changed to a new issue type with a different config here, it has to lose all entered data.

The move is a different story.

Steffen Hermanni June 10, 2016

Nic, I believe there is some confusion. The screenshot that I sent was a trial to open a test issue. There is no link to the data, that I cannot edit.

For some reason the system does not allow to work with the specific issue type: no edit, no move no create.

The error messsage suggests to investigate the field configuration and/or workflow association.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2016

That's why I was asking for what you see on move

What happens when you click "move" on the issue?  What is the error message and where is it? 

Actually, you now say you can't move it, so you can't have got an error message, so I'm even more confused.

Suggest an answer