Cannot set-up outgoing email server

Charles Delaporte October 3, 2018

Hi,

I have created a Notification Scheme. I am now trying to configure the outgoing email server through system / Mail / Outoing Mail

However the page is blank and the only thing I can do is enable/disable.

Jira.png

Jira.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2018

Hello,

For Jira Cloud, you can not configure outgoing mail settings. You can just enable or disable it. By default it should be enabled. Do you have problems getting notification mails? If you do, it may be related to the notification scheme. 

Check out this document:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/restricted-functions-in-jira-cloud-applications-776636921.html?_ga=2.165884414.1957408958.1538635263-1689878197.1525119390

Regards,

0 votes
Deleted user October 4, 2018

Hi @Charles Delaporte,

In order to configure an outgoing mail server, a user should have Global JIRA System Administrators permission.

GlobalPermission.png

Users who have Global JIRA Administrators permission will only be able to enable/ disable the outgoing mail server. Once you make the necessary change to the JIRA System Administrators you should be able to configure the outgoing mail server.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Priyanka

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events