Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot install down-loaded OX Jira Cora application... Edited

Hi

I'm a home user - my machine is an iMac. See spec below;

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac18,3

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 4,2 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 32 GB

System Version: macOS 10.13.6 (17G65)

Kernel Version: Darwin 17.7.0

Boot Volume: Macintosh HD

I down loaded the OX version of Jira Core for local installation and unpacked the Tar.gz files.  This now just sits in my downloads location and I can see any way of executing a set-up on my iMac.  Your set-up notes suggest there should be an automatic set-up installer to configure the software into a location and other parameters. Can you please help me with the installation?

THANKS EVERYBODY WHO PROVIDED HELP - ATLASSIAN HAVE NOW REFUNDED MY LICENSE.

1 answer

Hi, Paul!

I set up Jira regularly on my MacBook, so allow me to share with you my notes.

1. I download the .tar.gz file as you said, and I extract it.
  2. I move the extracted folder to where I intend to store Jira.
  3. To set home directory, I edit atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-application.properties

4. I uncomment-out jira.home line at the bottom by removing #.

5. Change to desired Jira home. You can put anything for this, and it will create the folder. In my case, I s, e.g. jira.home = /Users/username/Documents/JiraHome
  6. You can also edit the port numbers and context path at this step as seen in the documentation. I prefer to use a terminal for this step. This is done within conf/server.xml.
  7. To start Jira, you'll find in the bin directory, a file called start-jira.sh. Example: sudo ./start-jira.sh from within that directory. it's sudo ./stop-jira.sh to stop it.

I hope that helps, but let me know if you get stuck.

Regards,

Shannon

Dear Shannon

So many thanks for responding. I got response from someone else yesterday who also explained a similar set-up as you.  I got it installed ok but then got an error because Jira wants java 8 and I am running 10.  By this point I lost the will to live and didn't want to start installing multiple versions of Java on the pc. This morning Atlassian refunded my costs and cancelled the licence.

Kind thanks again.

Paul,

I'm sorry to hear that. If you decide to give it another go feel free to reach out and we can help.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,934 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you