Cannot find license key for JIRA 3.7.3

Austin November 2, 2016

I'm using the query specified in this article.  However, it seems that the propertytext table is empty.  Running "select * from propertytext" returns nothing.

How can I retrieve the license key from JIRA 3.7.3?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2016

If you have Jira installed you will have a couple of thousand lines in the propertytext, as seen here below:

mysql> select count(*) from propertytext;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|     9303 |
+----------+

Another path to your license key would be logging into https://my.atlassian.com and retrieve it there. Additionally, if JIRA is indeed installed, you should be able to see where the database is located, as this is probably not the production database once used. You can do that by doing this in Linux:

root@<your.servername.here>:~# locate dbconfig.xml
/opt/atlassian/application-data/jira-prod/dbconfig.xml
/root/backup.2016.07.02/dbconfig.xml
root@<your.servername.here>:~# locate dbconfig.xml
root@<your.servername.here>:~# cat /opt/atlassian/application-data/jira-prod/dbconfig.xml | grep url
    <url>jdbc:mysql://DBSERVERNAME:3306/DATABASENAME?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF8</url>

The top dbconfig.xml seems most likely to be the correct (as the other one contain backup in the foldername). By greping through the file for "url" you will find the string connecting to it. If you are indeed on the same DBSERVERNAME and DATABASENAME, make sure you connected with a user that has access to the database. By simply cat'ing the file without the grep you will find the credentials that allowed JIRA access to the database, try to reconnect with the right username, might allow you to find the key like this.

0 votes
Austin November 3, 2016

select count(*) from propertytext returns 0.  It is the production database though.

Suggest an answer