Cannot find JIRA Service Desk

Hello there, I've been installing the following:

JIRA Software

JIRA Software + JIRA Service Desk

JIRA Core

all of these were installed on 3 different occasions, but none of them is letting me find the JIRA Service Desk option when creating a new Project.

I'm using my own server, as the cloud service doesn't give me the option to use addons (right???).

How can I find a solution to my Service Desk problem?

2 answers

0 vote

Service Desk and Software are

1. Applications you add to Core
  2. Available as installable bundles individually, but not together (so you can install Core, or Core with SD or Core with Software, but there's no installer available for Core + SD + Software together)

My guess is that you've installed Software, and then not added Service Desk to it (or installed SD separately, so you've got two systems)

The best route for installing JIRA + SD + Software is:

1. Download and install JIRA Software (i.e. a bundle of Core and Software)
  2. Run it, go to "manage applications" and add JIRA Service Desk via the gui

Hi,

After installing Service Desk, please go to Administration --> Applications --> Versions & licenses and check If Service Desk have a valid license, if not you need to add at least a trial license before being allowed to create a new service desk project.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Trello

Alice Camilla on organizing your work/life/fandoms with Trello!

@Alice Camilla is a university student, currently writing her MA thesis in Archaeology. She's also a freelance blogger and content creator, writing about geeky stuff from productivity apps to JR...

69 views 2 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you