Cannot fetch the changed values of a Custom field in the Email template

Sakshi Mittal January 5, 2016

Hi,

I want to add throw an email to a particular user when someone changes the custom field Business Priority(Customfield_11406). I can almost do it.

My problem is that I cant fetch the values of this custom field.

I want to display the old and new value of the Buisness priority Field. I read several posts but seems none works for me.

My condition is : changeItems.any {it.get('field')=='Business Priority'}

Email Template is: 

Summary = $issue.summary
Description: ${issue.description}
The priority of $issue.issueType.name $issue.key has been changedto $issue.getCustomFieldValue("customfield_11406") 

Old value :

Please review if necessary.

As soon as I add $issue.getCustomFieldValue("customfield_11406") , it throws an error saying  

No such property: getCustomFieldValue for class: com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueImpl

2 answers

0 votes
Sakshi Mittal January 5, 2016

Yes Thanks Thanos. Its working. How can i get the previous value?\

Is there a way?

Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2016

Try to use the 'originalIssue', is type of Issue and represents the issue object before changes have been applied, on the other hand the 'issue' represents the current issue.

Sakshi Mittal January 6, 2016

Thanos, I tried but unfortunatley it is not working. I created another variable to capture the business priority of issue type original issue. My script is as below: <% def subTaskCustomField = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObject("customfield_11406") def customFieldValue = issue.getCustomFieldValue(subTaskCustomField) %> <% def subTaskCustomField1 = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObject("customfield_11406") def customFieldValue1 = originalIssue.getCustomFieldValue(subTaskCustomField1) %> Issue : $issue.key Summary : $issue.summary Description: ${issue.description} The priority of $issue.issueType.name $issue.key has been changed from '$customFieldValue1' to '$customFieldValue' by $currentUser. Please review if necessary. Regards Sakshi

Sakshi Mittal January 7, 2016

I have opened GRV-867 for this.

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2016

Hi Sakshi

Try to get the value of the custom field this way

&lt;%
def subTaskCustomField = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObject("customfield_11406")
def customFieldValue = issue.getCustomFieldValue(subTaskCustomField)
%&gt;

Summary = $issue.summary
Description: ${issue.description}
The priority of $issue.issueType.name $issue.key has been changedto 
$customFieldValue

Please let me know if that helps

Kind regards

Suggest an answer