Cannot drag tickets between columns for a group

Deleted user December 12, 2018

Hi there, hoping if anyone has a solution for this.

- we've created a group for our client to provided different level of access for them

- users from this group are currently unable to drag and drop tickets from one column to the next on the kanban board. They are however able to update the ticket status by opening the ticket and updating the status.

- they error they receive is to to ask administrator to check workflow and permission setting

- the workflow is a custom workflow with 5 columns; Backlog, Selected for Dev, In progress, QA and Done and there is no "conditions" added to the workflow which would prevent issues from being dragged freely between all columns.

- i have updated the project permission and have allowed the clients' group to have access to; Browser projects, assign issues, close issues, create issues, edit issues , link issues, move issues, Transition issues. I've added the group to these mentioned categories to see if this fixes the issue as previously they have "Application access > Any logged in user". This has allowed them to create, assign, move tickets and allowed them to do what they need to do except drag and drop tickets

- from other issues logged in here similar to this, the solution has been around permissions but since i've given the group the permissions mentioned above, the issue is still persisting

Anyone who has had similar issue and have a solution or suggestion for it would be great.

Thanks

nisha

3 answers

0 votes
Charles Wayne February 22, 2021

Anyone figure out this issue? 

0 votes
Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2018

Hi @[deleted],

Please check the workflow in project settings vs the board column mappings.  The users might not be able to drag and drop from one column to another because both columns are mapped to the same status.

Let me know if this works!

Deleted user December 12, 2018

Hey @Patrick Cartier [Candylio],

Thanks for your reply. I'm pretty sure that the board columns are mapped out to the workflow setting, please see attached. Not sure if that would be the issue.

thanks

nisha

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 5.47.54 pm.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2018

Hi @[deleted],

That looks pretty good to me!

Next question, is it all columns or one in particular?

Deleted user December 13, 2018

Hey @Patrick Cartier [Candylio],

It is across all columns. I've included a test email account in the group just to see how this account fares and the drag and drop function is not working across all columns.

Thanks

nisha 

Jan Plotnickij May 6, 2020

@[deleted] Hi - have you managed to resolve this? I seem to have exactly the same issue.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2018

Hello,

If these users open the issue in the issue detail view, can they transition issue from this view?

If no, then look for conditions or validators in your workflow.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2018

If they are able to transition by opening the issue and clicking the button wouldn't this mean that conditions and validators are ok?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2018

Ah ok. It was in the original post. Yes, it means that conditions and validators are ok. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events