Cannot create Version in JIRA Project

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2016

Hello

I created a project for a colleague and assigned him the project lead/project administration role

but when he tries to create version for his project he receives the  following error (see screenshot)error_msg_jira.png

But my Adminuser (Administrator for the hole JIRA instance) can create Version entries without problems?!?!?

Somebody has some clues?

Using JIRA 6.0.4,

regards
Norbert

1 answer

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2016

What error?  There's no errors in that screenshot.

Unless you mean the date format notes - if that is the case, could you see what happens when he uses the calendar picker option to generate both dates?  Also, can he create if he leaves them empty?  And has he got different timezone settings in his profile?

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2016

Forgot some Information

Yes we tried it with the date/time Picker
and we also tried manually some other date Time formats...
Always the same problem...

The error is:

If I enter the Date as seen in the screenshot i receive the error msg the date/time format is incorrect.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2016

Ok, what happens if you leave the date blank?  Could you also try yyyy/mm/dd and see if that works?

Suggest an answer