Cannot copy and paste the screen shot in the JIRA ticket with edit mode

Julie Zhang June 16, 2016

Hi

I used to attach my screen shot by copying and pasting the captured image in JIRA ticket directly (It even worked yesterday, U.S. EST 06/15/2016).This's really useful feature for developer if you fail a JIRA ticket. I won't be able to copy and paste any screen shot when I edit the description field or add a comment today (U.S. EST 06/16/2016). Is it BUG? Would it be possible to get addressed ASAP? Our QA/UAT/Client Service team use this feature frequently.

Note - I can copy & paste the screen shot in JIRA ticket while creating a new ticket.

Mac Laptop Pro - Version 14.0
Chrome - Version 51.0
Safari - Version 9.1.1
JIRA Cloud - v1000.73.0
Jing - Capture and share images and video

16 answers

0 votes
Jens Lykkegaard January 7, 2022

We are right now evaluating the Cloud version of JIRA to be considdered as our Supporttool in a +2500 users deployment. 

One of our first findings and a mission criticle feature, tis the possibility to Copy Paste  sections of texts including pictures from sniping tools, incomming mails and e.g. word documents.

> Problem Solved It was on a local Chrome, as it works from Edge

Tim Davies (Pellcomp) January 7, 2022

This is an old bug - I have just opened a ticket and pasted from a Screenpresso screenshot.

Like Jens Lykkegaard likes this
Jens Lykkegaard January 7, 2022

I'm truly sorry, somehow my Chrome prevent me for pasting pic's to the Jira text container, but when using Edge it works fine.

Solved  > Issue was on local Chrome <

Like Tim Davies (Pellcomp) likes this
0 votes
David Cook August 2, 2016

So, I can actually do this on one of my Atlassian accounts, but not the other... that's not a good sign.

0 votes
Stan Singh June 20, 2016

same here.  Having the same issue.  It is really slowing me down as well!

0 votes
Eric Livesay June 20, 2016

This Copy/Paste bug is really slowing us down too.

0 votes
Jason Grimes June 20, 2016

This Copy/Paste bug is really affecting our team - but it looks like they did fix the dashboard issue at least.

0 votes
Julie Zhang June 19, 2016

Yes. Many of users are impacted due to this issue. This is definitely to be considered as a HOT fix. Please Escalated!!! 

0 votes
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2016

Julie Zhang, It's seem like a bug, because I can copy and paste at description and comments using snipping tool.

0 votes
Jason Grimes June 18, 2016

To follow the progress, go here

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-61502

0 votes
Jason Grimes June 18, 2016

Just a note, but several of us complained about this - and opened a separate ticket on it. We have been told a fix is in (as of yesterday) and will be released soon, but they wont tell us when it will roll out.

They apparently did a release last night that munged up the Dashboard color palette nice and proper - but this copy/paste bug is still a problem and doesnt work.

0 votes
Julie Zhang June 17, 2016

This issue might not only impact to an individual, but also affect the team members from different JIRA users who utilize it in the daily basis. No sure how we can bring it to JIRA support team attention quickly. What I can do is to attach the url of this link along with Cloud-9088 ticket. I hope it will help. 

0 votes
Adam Kim June 17, 2016

I'm also having the same issue.  It started just this week.  I'm glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this.  Hopefully the powers that be can fix this soon.

0 votes
Tim Davies (Pellcomp) June 16, 2016

We noticed this feature disappeared between 15th June 2016 approx 17:30UTC and 16th June 2016 approx 08:00UTC sad

0 votes
Eric Livesay June 16, 2016

Julie - Thanks for creating a ticket.  We use this feature all the time too.

0 votes
Julie Zhang June 16, 2016

I updated my original ticket to give more information, including our environment. I'd assume this might be a BUG. I filed a new JIRA ticket to the support team. Waiting for their responding.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-9088

0 votes
Eric Livesay June 16, 2016

I'm having the same problem.

• I can paste images captured using the Snipping Tool into the Description of a new ticket.
  • I can no longer paste images captured using the Snipping Tool in the Comments of an existing ticket.

Two days ago (June 14, 2016 at around 5 PM PST) this problem did not exist.  At that time we were pasting images captured using the Snipping Tool into the Comments of existing tickets.

We're running on Windows 10.

0 votes
Trevor Metoxen June 16, 2016

Having the same issue. I usually use Snipping Tool to show the specific issue to a developer, then copy and paste it directly into my comment on a JIRA ticket.

Suggest an answer