Cannot complete installation - 502 Bad Gateway error

Tomino2112 October 27, 2015

I am trying to install JIRA on our server, but it so far it has been quite a nightmare...

Multiple times during the installation, we got 504 error and sometimes 502 error. When we get 502 the server becomes 100% unresponsive (just keeps giving 502) and I have to go and manually restart JIRA service.

I was still able to get to the point of setting up admin user, but now I am stuck at the last step of setup process, getting 502 error. I have restarted multiple times, completed same steps multiple times and still on the last step (the setup says "Setting up last step") I get 502. I wasnt able to go through that. 

I am using pretty standard AWS configuration with nginx as a web server.

Please help?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2015

What does the application log say?  And what is the memory/cpu usage when it appears to be stopping?

Tomino2112 October 27, 2015

CPU: ~ 35% but not every time I restarted Jira. nginx logs say that connection was refused and prematurely closed by jira. In catalina sometimes nothing, but couple of times I got insuficient memory for java runtime to continue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events