Cannot authenticate to Jira Cloud using RestAPI

Deleted user February 23, 2021

I want to build a Rest Service with the latest Version of the JiraRestApi class. Unfortunately there is no option to loigin with username and apitoken. The only function that comes close to this is "createWithBasicAuthentication" and it only works with username / password.

I use java as the programming language.

Somewhat surprising as this has not been supported for a long time and the last version is from October 2020. Is it planned to bring a corresponding function with username / token?

1 answer

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 

Have you tried using the Unirest library for Java to perform authentication?

Deleted user February 24, 2021

@Prince NyecheYes I did. But I have to admit that I messed up JIRA Cloud and JIRA Server and with JIRA Server the login works with username and password. So my problem has been solved, the error was just 40cm in front of the keyboard.

Thanks for helping.

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

Glad to hear that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events