Cannot Delete Application Link Between JIRA and Confluence

Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2016

We have a JIRA Test environment (v6.4.12) with an application link to Confluence (v5.7.4).

I have attempted to log into JIRA Test and delete the application link from JIRA to Confluence.

I get the following:

Confirm that you want to delete the Application Link to 'application' (Confluence).
The authentication information stored for Trusted Applications will be deleted.

I click confirm.

(Confluence) has a link to this Application. Do you want to delete this link as well?

Yes, delete the link from (Confluence) to this application.

No, do not delete the link from (Confluence) to this application.

I make sure the Yes option is selected and click confirm.  It clocks for about 15 seconds and resets without ever deleting the application link.

It indicates in the second screen that Confluence has a link back to JIRA, however, when I log into Confluence and review the application links, it has an application link to our production JIRA environment, but not our test environment.

I've checked the logs, but I'm not seeing any errors.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2016

We have encountered this issue before (we even have opened a premier ticket for this) and as it seems, after deleting it from the GUI, you will need to delete the app link in the DB side. They say it's a bug and will be fixed in the later versions of JIRA/Conf.

0 votes
Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2016

That's what I eventually did.  The concern was that there was nothing on the Confluence side showing it was linking to our JIRA Test.  Was worried that if I wiped it out on the side I could see, I wouldn't be able to wipe it out on the side I couldn't.

Hammer away at anything long enough, you either break it or fix it, and it looks like we fixed it.  Thanks for the input!

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2016

Click NO, do not delete the link from Confluence. 

Just remove both ends of the Applink manually.

Suggest an answer