Can you view the Epic-Initiative link in JIRA / How to Move an Existing Epic under an Initiative

Dante De Vellis June 16, 2016

I am able to create a new Epic in JIRA Portfolio underneath an existing Initiative.  And then synch that new Epic into JIRA.  

However there are two things I can't get working.

First - I don't see that relationship back in JIRA.  Is there a way this can be shown back in JIRA?

Second - I don't see to be able to move an existing Epic that was created in JIRA under an Initiative in Portfolio.  I can only have that Initiative-Epic link if I create a new Epic directly under an Initiative in JIRA. Is there a way to create this link for pre-existing Epics?  

Thanks.

Dante.

1 answer

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2016
  1. Not yet, the work is in progress. The data is behind the scenes currently. This feature is tracked here – https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPO-1345
  2. Yes, you need to show the Initiative field – 
    image2016-6-16 15:1:17.png
    Then you can search for Initiatives – 
    image2016-6-16 15:2:1.png image2016-6-16 15:2:15.png

Dante De Vellis June 17, 2016

Thanks.  That's very helpful.

Re: point 2 sorry I should have been more clear.  When in the Initiative view is there a way to drag and drop an Epic under an Initiative.  Or can you only create new Epics from that view?  

But yes this does work when in the Epic View.  I can select the Initiative from there.  

Thanks.

Dante.

Suggest an answer