Can you share a component between projects?

Matt Long March 17, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Managing components

Can you share a component between projects?

4 answers

1 vote
Matt Long March 20, 2017

We have a distributed system with lots of services (components) that don't change often. Not every project will touch each component, but I was hoping to input the list of components once and not for each project. Also one could use the full name or an abbreviation, so a global list would unify them. 

Similar for release versions, they don't change once created and will often be common between projects, yet I think there is the same limitation there. 

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2017

You could consider solution like the following https://documentation.riada.se/plugins/servlet/mobile?contentId=3506487#content/view/3506487 a plugin my company makes. If its not suitable it might give some ideas at least.

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2017

Hi Matt,

What are you looking for exactly with having this shared? As stated in below answer its not global but just thought it would be good to understand your requirement to see if something else is suitable.

Br, Niclas

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2017

No, by their definition, they are project objects.

There are a couple of requests open wiht Atlassian to have global components, but I don't think they're moving.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events