Can you please update your documentation?

Sean November 11, 2015

It's incredibly wasteful to read through this old documentation when none of it applies whatsoever to your new UI. All the screenshots are wrong. There aren't the same options. It's confusing and lazy on your part.

I understand you have a lot of users and you don't want people opening support tickets for every single question, but in order to have a self-sustaining forum you need to ensure you have accurate documentation available.

You seriously need to implement documentation into your project management and ensure any new release coincides with the release of new documentation.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2015

Which pages are you looking at? Most of the cloud/latest stuff seems ok to me

0 votes
Wazza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2015

Hi @Sean Samborski,

Thanks for the feedback. We've recently done a lot of work on the documentation in line with the JIRA 7.0 release, and we're grateful for all feedback, good or bad! We made a lot of changes and we're constantly working to refine these and reduce friction for our customers.

If you can give me with a little more info, like what pages you felt were wrong or misleading, I'll do my best to get it rectified for you by creating a ticket on our own JIRA instance and following it up. I'll assign it to myself and provide you with the reference so you can track the progress.

Thanks!

Warren

Suggest an answer