Can you ignore the permissions error after granting anyone browse to Service Desk

Matthew Jarvis February 13, 2019

Hello Atlassian Community!

I have granted the browse permission to Anyone in our service desk so users can view incidents where the Impact = "Extensive / Widespread" 

I created issue security types to Block every other issue type and then added a post function that checks for the above condition and unblocks only that issue type for everyone to see. As far as I can tell it works as expected and there is no gap in security. 

This has however created a persistent error message that states 

"This service desk project has configuration problems and may not work as expected.

Permission scheme error

This service desk project contains permission errors, which can impact functionality. To fix this, upgrade your permissions scheme to copy over your existing scheme and set the required permissions.Learn more

Details of which permissions need to be set...

• Browse Projects permission for the "Anyone" group is not supported by Service Desk."

I do not want to revert the permissions scheme however as it is working as intended. Any inputs? Is there potentially a way to view incidents like this in confluence as an anonymous user another way? Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Murugan Mittapalli August 10, 2021

Hello,

I am also facing the same Issue, Did you guys get any issue or solution if you keep Browse permissions on anyone on the Web?

Thank you.

0 votes
Luiz Gustavo Gregorio August 5, 2021

Hey there, have you managed to get any information about it? I am facing the same error message and I am in doubt this must be fixed since it seems to be working as expected.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events