Can we update statuses of bulk issues through macro

Sneha A S October 29, 2019

In my project i want to change statuses of bulk issues at a time. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2019

@Sneha A S 

1. Go yo issue search page
  2. search for all issues meeting the condition you want(in your case project)
  3. Perform a bulk transition pf the issues(you may need to do this multiple times as Atlassian puts a cap on thos for performance reasons)

Read more about bulk operations here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-902498099.html

Cheers

Sneha A S October 30, 2019

I went through those steps but i am finding if anything is possible through mail handler.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2019

Sorry I can't help you here.

There is no way to bulk edit with Mail handler without sending a lot of emails.

Secondly, you would have to have some automation to transition the issues when the email is sent(and by the way, you have to make sure the transition is possible).

Finally, I hope you realize that JIRA would likely timeout your mail handler if it sees way too many emails are to be processed.

Put simply, this is not how to use the tool.

Suggest an answer