Can we run Atlassian suite in AWS Mysql RDS

tiendungitd January 15, 2017

Hi everyone,

We are considering to use Mysql RDS for Atlassian suite(Jira, Confluence, Crowd, Crucible), does Atlassian recommend using RDS? have anyone try with that?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2017

Hi Tran,
I was running Crucible on t2.micro + MySQL RDS db.t2.micro till Dec 2016 without any problems.

Also I tried JIRA on the same config (probably it was t1.micro at this time) about 1.5 year ago but it was just for fun/prove of concept. I believe it was version 6.4.* and it was a bit slow but worked without any problems.

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2017

Update: Existing client asked to launch additional experimental 10-users tier JIRA and hosting was up to me. So I tried t2.micro + Postgres RDS db.t2.micro and it works no problem. Page rendering performance is smooth and I do not see any problems. Only thing is that I had to cofigure swap on the ec2 instance. Without it JIRA died once due to memory peak.

Suggest an answer