Can we move a Sprint up in the backlog so it is the first one? The Sprint is started.

Wendy Thorneloe September 29, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Using the Backlog

Can we move a Sprint up in the backlog so it is the first one? The Sprint is started.

2 answers

1 vote
Martin Heide July 30, 2019

Dear Atlassian team,

it would be very beneficial to be able
1) to move a sprint to the top, or
2) create a sprint directly below the running one.

We use sprints to group work packages (because they can be collapsed, which is useful).

Currently, when adding a sprint, it is always added on the bottom.
Sol we have to click "Move Sprint up" 10 times or so, which is annoying.

Carlos Antunes September 11, 2019

I totally agree. 
I wonder if Atlassian has this feature in their product backlog roadmap

Martin Heide September 11, 2019

Yes, if enough people comment on this :-) 
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72636 

Like # people like this
Jonathan Thompson October 1, 2020

Thank you Martin. I added a comment.

Meghan McInerny March 3, 2021

Agreed. It would be very helpful to be able to move a sprint (or group of sprints) up or down more than one slot at a time.

0 votes
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2016

Hi Wendy,

If the sprint is started it cannot be moved and it is always the first sprint in the backlog. You can reorder the future sprints(sprints which are not started) but they will always be below a started sprint. Also you can only start only the top not started sprint.

Regards,

Peter

Janice Karin February 5, 2018

What about reordering multiple active sprints in the backlog? I'd really like a specific sprint (the one directly managed only from that board) to always show up first.

Like # people like this
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2020

Hello @Janice Karin

Unfortunately it is not possible currently to do this though there is a feature request for this, it is a request for Jira Server and DC though it does also affect cloud. I would recommend voting for this issue and commenting on t=your use case in the feature request.

Hope this helps,

Danny

Suggest an answer