Can we lock tasks from being edited if it has a particular status/ resolution?

Brendan Clough January 19, 2017

As it mentions in the question line, is it possible to lock a task from being edited once it has it's resolution marked as done, or sits within the 'final' status? 

Additionally, if it is possible, can we make it so that there is differing permission schemes for that, i.e: any user can't do it, but an administrator could?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2017

You can apply a "jira.issue.editable = false" workflow property on status in the workflow.  It's not a permission scheme, but you can also say "but group X still can"

Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/workflow-properties-802592825.html

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2017

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist]

How exactly can you exclude a group from being affected by the "jira.issue.editable = false" property?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2017

The doc covers it.  I can't remember the key off the top of my head, but to allow some access, you don't block "edit", you use a permission property to say "only group X"

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2017

Oh, I found it:

jira.permission.edit.group=jira-administrators

Thanks smile

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2017

Just to complement Nic's correct information, if you do not know how to set a property follow these steps:

1. Find the workflow of the project you want to modify and click on Edit.
  2. In the Diagram mode, click on the status you want to apply the property.
    A panel will be shown on the right side. 
  3. Click on the 'Properties' link from the panel.
    A new tab will be opened by your browser. 
  4. In the tab, fill in the fields:
    Property Key: jira.permission.edit.group
    Property Value: jira-administrators
  5. Click on 'Add' button.
  6. Close the tab.
  7. From the Diagram edit view, click on the 'Publish Draft' button to save your changes.

Suggest an answer