Can we hide Resolved (Done) column in Kanban board

Just wondering, is there a way that we can hide the Resolved (Done) Column in Kanban board. Currently at my work place, we have thousands of solved issues under this column and it seems put down the speed of loading the page. As those are already solved and no longer important, just wondering to hide the entire column. But still it will be a part of the workflow. Is there any way that I can hide this column from users?

Thanks

1 answer

4 votes

You probably don't want to do that, because hiding the column means you can't drag issues to done any more

Two better options

1.  Use Kanban as intended - click "release" regularly to push the done issues off the board (a couple of teams I know do it after their regular progress report meetings, as they can show people what they've done since the last one, then clear it.  Others tie it to actual releases.  Some just do it because it's Friday, so they have a clean slate Monday)
  2. Change the board filter to exclude issues based on a field.  JIRA should be set up to set a resolution on all done issues, so you could add "and resolution is empty" to the board filter.

Thanks Nic Brough [Adaptavist],

Great. I went with the second option you mentioned and very easy fix at the end.

Great, appreciated your information and time.

Cheers,

Shaun W. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

300 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you