Can we apply custom field to Older Stories ?

Raj Domala September 14, 2016

Hello,

This might be a strange question but please help!

I have created a custom field and made it to auto update/fill when a transition occurs using post-function in Workflows. Eg: If status is A my custom field is updated to B, and If status is C my custom field is updated to D and so on. It works perfectly fine, no when ever I am changing statues my custom field is automatically changed.

But, I have my all older stories which are not updated in this custom field. The custom field is only updated when the transition occurs. So how do I reflect this custom field to all my older stories. 

Please help! Thanks smile 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2016

I can think of only two options:

1. Add the fields to normal screen and bulk edit the old stories or use the remote REST APIs to set the values on them (whatever is easier).
  2. Build transition the old stories to go through the workflow again, so that the post function will be triggered.

Awesome! I have the same option in mind.

Bulk update all stories from A to A, B to B, so the custom field is updated. Thanks much! Going with that. Thanks man! smile 

1 vote
Deleted user September 14, 2016

Jobin is right, actually the "old" stories have the field but since it has no value, you will only see it when you are in edit mode. Sooo....

If the stories are all in the same status, just select all stories where newfield is empty and do the mass update to set your new field.

0 votes

@Jobin Kuruvilla Please help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events