Can't scroll in Jira in Chrome

Chelsea Kennedy August 8, 2019

When I am looking at a ticket page, I cannot scroll in Jira. There is no scroll bar.

I am using a MAC desktop w/ Google Chrome. 

Scroll works for me in incognito windows and Safari. No one else on my team has this issue. 

Any tips?

3 answers

5 votes
Tomas Pesko October 5, 2020

This keeps happening to me all the time. As well using Mac + Google Chrome. I have read somewhere that Atlassian fixed this long time ago - well doesn't look like its fixed now.

Kendall McCarthy October 8, 2020

This also started happening to me just recently -- possibly the same bug is returning now?

Luis Nabergoi October 8, 2020

I have the same problem. yesterday was working, today is not working, I try Chrome Safari and Firefox, all the browsers have the same problem.

Martin October 14, 2020

This started happening to me as well. Scrolling (with the mouse/trackpad) stops working sporadically in JIRA. The only way to get it working again is to refresh the window.

Browser: Safari 14.0

2 votes
Michael Thompson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2019

I've seen this happen myself several times. Just clear your browser cache, close the Jira tab, and open a new one. Problem should clear up.

webber zheng February 20, 2020

This works for me, thank you.

Like Michael Thompson likes this
Jacek Sandomierz December 11, 2020

If you have open several tabs and do not want to close them but can accept browser restart then what also worked for me was:

• close Chrome
  • delete the cache folder (in Linux: ~/.cache/google-chrome)
  • start Chrome again
Luke Mrzljak March 18, 2021

Deleting Cache and restarting Chrome/MAC device did not resolve the issue for me. Can scroll in all other Tabs except Jira. Anyone else have any workarounds? 

Avi Nehama December 1, 2021

Same for me, deleting cache and restarting Chrome/MAC device did not resolve the issue for me, anyone found a workaround for this by now?

0 votes
arthurgoldberg April 8, 2021

Not an answer, a related complaint:

When I position the mouse right over the scroll bar, I can move it with mouse wheel, but cannot grab it with the mouse. But I don't like scrolling with the mouse wheel because that causes pain in my hand and shoulder

As far as I know, this is only a problem in Jira.

Using current Chrome on a current Mac.

Arthur

Suggest an answer