Can't export a filter as RSS

wroot November 28, 2015

I'm trying to export this https://igniterealtime.org/issues/issues/?filter=10476 as an RSS (Issues) , but feedly finds no articles in there. I want to watch all the new issues for all projects as an rss feed (only issues, no comments).

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2015

Hi

In order to troubleshoot this you need to follow a plan.

First if you look at the issues filter does it show any results? If not then the RSS feed will not show any results

Having confirmed that you should be seeing some issues then it is likely to be an authentication issue. Check out https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/receiving-search-results-as-an-rss-feed-185729479.html for details of how to set up your connection. In particular the section "Accessing protected data"

Hope this helps

Phill

0 votes
wroot November 29, 2015

It probably was an authentication issue. I have tried to export as RSS while logged out and it shows results now. But now i'm stuck at how to configure it so i can get results as quickly as possible and not miss any.

I'm trying to get all the issues and set 'Created on' to 'Within the last 15 minutes'. So when my rss reader checks this url and if at that point there is a new issue created within 15 minutes of this check, it will show it. But if the issue was created 16 minutes ago i suppose it won't show anything while doing a check. So, i have set it to 1 day for now.

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2015

Have you considered a filter subscription as an option to the RSS feed? Also think about how will you cope with any break in your RSS client - for example do you suspend it overnight? If so how about having a separate filter that provides you with "Start of the day" synopsis every working day? Also need to think about how you handle weekends. Or do you really work 24x7? Just a few thoughts to consider.

wroot November 29, 2015

This is for an open source project i participate in my free time, so yeah, it is 24x7 :) I'm using a filter subscription and it emails me results once per day, but i find it a bit inconvenient. As i have to jump between this email and the site to check every issue and have to remember which i have checked already. With RSS i can check a few issues, mark them as read and leave other issues to check later. I use feedly service for my RSS, it works and updates constantly. Ideally i would like to be informed about a new issues instantly and preferably via RSS. I have setup a few RSS subscriptions currently and will see how it goes.

Suggest an answer