Can't download jira backup file due to permissions issue

Tony O May 17, 2016

I am the original user to a new atlassian jira instance but unable to download backup due to permissions. I have checked my user via the user management and can verify I am the full administrator, plus I have all the rights as expected (I haven't removed anything) but when I try to download the export that I create, it brings up a seperate login box prompting me for a login (see attached).

I have tried both Chrome (vers. 50.0.2661.102 m) and Firefox (vers. 46.0.1)

Please could you assist as I am needing to migrate to another instance url before purchasing a license.

backupissue.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tony O May 21, 2016

Hi Cody,

That was exactly the problem... When you initially get your account, a default username of 'admin' will be given to you and (from what I can see) the only way to know what that username is by going into "site administration" and then into user management.

Once I used this username with my password, all was fine.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2016

Awesome!  Great to hear that it was an easy one.  smile

If you wouldn't mind marking this as answered, I'd appreciate it!  Thanks!

1 vote
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2016

Hey Tony!

What are you using for the username?  Your email address or your actual username?

I ran into a similar issue a long while back that was caused by me trying to use my email address, (which I had been using to log into the instance), instead of my actual username.

Suggest an answer