Can't delete custom date field value

Peter Gruber April 19, 2017

I added two custom fields : Start Date and End Date (both date pickers). When I edit an issue, where those field are already filled and i delete the value, I click the Update button and those fields get populated, the Start Date with the created date value and the end date with the current date. They always get reset. Going to the history of the issue, I can see it shows that I removed the values and then immediately those values are set again.

I checked the configuration of these fields and verified there isn't a default value set and the "Use the current date as the default" checkbox is unchecked. Any ideas as to why this happening? And how I can fix this without deleting and creating new fields.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2017

I created custom date picker fields on my JIRA 7.3.x test instance and was able to clear the contents after populating them.

If you are not doing any special scripting, it could be caused by an add-on. Please try Disabling or enabling all add-ons (using Safe Mode) and see if the issue persists.

Suggest an answer